Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955k rack frame

CJONES ยท 2014-03-31 10:55

I have a 955k with a broken track frame. I have a replacement frame . I just need to know if the hub or outer stub axels are bolted to the track frame.

Replies2
  1. #1Bob/Ont2014-04-06 11:09

    The frame unboltes at the axle hub, inside near the final drive and at the hard bar on top and inside. Take off all guards, clean off all mud and then unbolt. Get on solid ground or concrete before you start. Split the track and roll it out, jack the machine and roll the frame forward a bit then lift it away. You should find some shims between the frame and the inner front mounting. They are used for aligning the frames. Will tell you about that when you have the frame changed. Later Bob

  2. #2CJONES2014-04-06 22:14

    Thank you for the reply. Guards are off ( m i a ). Concrete not available. This loader is on our farm in the country. Unfourtunitly when using thebucket to raise the front of it this week the lift seals failed. Everyone safe and clear at all times. Just more repare $$$ and time. It is 75 miles from my home. So i do not mess with it often . It has been sitting for 5 years since it broke . I start it every now and then keep antifreeze up. It was my late fathers when the frame broke where it is now . I had it moved to flat ground so it could be worked on. The hardest thing about working on these seem to justbe every thing is so heavy. But not as bad as the older 977h that he left me also.