Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955k sn 71j1477

Hail ยท 2023-01-15 14:29

I am going to rebuild this engine but I am having trouble matching parts Block number is 5s5300 Water pump is 5s1207 Front cover is 5s5974 many help telling me if this is a d330 or something else is very helpful Thanks

Replies11
  1. #1Hail2023-01-15 14:31

    Also the head is a 7s2222

  2. #2Hail2023-01-15 17:57

    I think I have it down to the late 60s d330 any opinions would be great

  3. #3Bluox2023-01-16 02:16

    Your machine should have come with a 4.75" bore 330 engine. The engine serial number should match the tractor number. Bad Bob

  4. #4Hail2023-01-16 08:18

    The numbers both match and it is a 4.75 bore Can I use a 85j when I try to get parts

  5. #5Nige2023-01-16 10:21

    A Parts Manual for 71J is available.

  6. #6Bluox2023-01-16 10:34

    A low 85J serial number should work. Bad Bob

  7. #7OzDozer2023-01-18 04:08

    A 955K with S/No 71J1477 was built in Japan in 1970 and uses the D330C engine with 4.75" bore. Not to be confused with the D330 of 4.5" bore. 955K's with 85J S/No were built in the U.S. from 1968 to 1972 and used the D330C in the first couple of years of production. 5S5300 block was replaced by 8S7311 block - which fits 71J1 to 71J3197 (end of 71J production) and 85J1 - 85J5098. The block interchanges between the D330C and 3304 engines.

  8. #8Hail2023-01-18 15:07

    Thank you all for the information

  9. #9Hail2023-01-18 15:08

    Where do I find that parts manual?

  10. #10Nige2023-01-18 18:34

    Go to - https://catpublications.com/ click on "Continue as Guest" when the popup appears. Put UMX00085 in the box and click Search. A download is ready within 5 minutes. CD & paper versions carry S&H charges on top of the prices shown.

  11. #11Hail2023-01-19 07:10

    Thank you