I have a 955K that runs great. The undercarriage is a little worn but the rollers are intact and holding oil. Had the cylinders resurfaced and repacked. Hydraulic pump is strong. Good machine. BUT the shaft seal leading into the transmission has sprung an awful leak and the manual I ordered from CAT isn't giving specifics as to how to fix it. Is there any way to resolve this issue without pulling the engine or transmission out?
If I read you right you have a leak at the torque converter input shaft. You can pull the drive biscuits out and then remove the rear flange and change the seal. However when you have it apart check the input shaft for radial movement, there may be internal problems. If the biscuits are not torn and cracked at the rubber all is good but if they are badly cracked the engine may need alignment. Later Bob
Thanks man. That's great news.