Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955K value

wagspe208 ยท 2010-10-15 19:46

I looked at a 955K machine today. S/N 89J4318. Condition is as expected, maybe as little better. Rails ok, sprockets an honest 70%, pins have some wear, rollers look fair to good, bucket tilt cyls seeping, starts, runs good, drives pretty good, bucket bushings all worn to hell. Grease, what grease? cutting edge pretty worn Steering.. have to put more pressure on the left pedal to turn than you do on the right. Is this an adjustmnet, or something going to hell? He is pretty firm at 9500 to my doorstep. That is 110 miles one way. So, probably 9000 for the machine. Sound right, high, or low? Thanks Wags

Replies6
  1. #1rino14942010-10-15 21:57

    That seems like a fair price. I have seen them at auctions go for $12-15,000.

  2. #2buckfever2010-10-16 17:58

    don't know about the k models but if there the same as the L models there stump ripping animals. Bite into something solid and put back the lever and the bucket goes up or you will bury the tracks. Loaded and dug big limestone goonnies with one of these. not the fastest but got the job done.

  3. #3wagspe2082010-10-16 23:24

    Well, I hope so. It hits my door step tomorrow. Sunday. I will hit some trees with it and see what I can do. Where is a good place to buy parts. I am cool with aftermarket. I am also good with used stuff. I don't need CAT name on it for my application. The bushings should be replaced in the lift arms. I am a machinist, so the slop bothers me.... even though that is stupid. Thanks Wags I figured no matter what I bought... it would have to be moved. To rent a piece I'd pay 2k min. Probably more like 3k. If I don't tear this piece up it still has to be worth close to the 9k when I am finished with it.

  4. #4sick&tired2010-11-19 00:38

    I just saw a 955L at an auction sell for $8000 + tax and fees. It was in great shape. I tried to bid on it, didnt win.

  5. #5wagspe2082010-11-19 01:30

    Wow, that would seem to be a deal! Wags

  6. #6jgbmo2012-06-11 15:53

    I bought a 1969 955K in similar condition (a few bad lower track rollers, which I've replaced), delivered for $8900 a couple of months ago.