Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What would you do for wallowed out pin holes

yellowrosefarm ยท 2010-10-11 17:21

On the CASE 350 I bought the 4 in 1 DROTT bucket clam pins and bushings are severely wallowed out. They were made to be replaced but CASE no longer offers them. I think the holes are egged out more than a new stock bushing would fix anyway so I need to think of some other way to fix it. The sloppiness wouldn't bother me but the clam won't close all the way. I'll try and post some pictures later. I'm open to all suggestions of what has or hasn't worked for you guys.

Replies2
  1. #195zIV2010-10-11 17:29

    Weld them back down and line-bore them, I'm sure if you asked around a dealer or repair place could give you the name of someone in your area who does that work.

  2. #2thebaz2010-10-11 17:51

    I have a Case 455C with a 4in1 bucket. I recently replaced nearly all of the loader and 4in1 bushes with ones I made myself. Most Case bushes are standard sizes, so you can make them or make them out of hollow bar stock. The pins are available as ground 4140 bar, so you only have to cut them to length and machine bevels and grease channels etc if needed. There also maybe a plastic type of material that is especially designed for these type of applications. Very easy to machine and don't require lubricating. I am running these in the clam bushings and they appear to be holding up. If the bush journals are flogged out, you can weld them up and re-machine them. Although I am a competent welder I got a very experienced guy to weld mine up where they were worn similar to yours. I was then able to die grind them back to spec and everything is tight again. If you can get it line bored at a reasonable cost then that of course is the best way.