Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955L 13X1 Bevel Gear Dip Stick

dvs 99 ยท 2012-10-20 19:29

Hello Gentlemen, I'm new to this forums and really need some help. Bought 955L 13X1 to clear 40 acres of family land. Seems to be good machine but I noticed the dipstick for Bevel Gears is a CASE. I know it's wrong one. Do any of you that have a 13X1 have time to send me pics of yours with a tape measure next to it so I know the proper fill leval. I know you guys are busy but don't how long it will take to find the right one. Please, it will be appreciated. Thanks, Daryl

Replies6
  1. #1Bob/Ont2012-10-20 20:29

    Daryl does the stick have a part# stamped on it? If so post the# here. I seem to recall it being stamped case, as in bevel gear case, not JI Case. Later Bob

  2. #2dvs 992012-10-21 08:24

    Yes, it does, I will get it today. The parts manual I have shows 3v8335 and I know it's not that. Trans dipstick shows the correct number. Thanks Bob!!

  3. #3Bob/Ont2012-10-21 09:30

    Part#'s change up, someone here can help. Later Bob

  4. #4d9gdon2012-10-21 09:52

    I think from the S/N you gave that you have the 1st 955L off the line in the US in 1977 that had the new 3304 engine in it.

  5. #5Rusted2012-10-21 19:28

    Bob has nailed it, the bevel gear dipstick is stamped CASE.

  6. #6dvs 992012-10-22 11:41

    Yes, you are correct. It's stamped Case part number 5v6850. I did a search on 3v8335 and found 5v6850 is the replacement part. So it is the right dipstick. Sorry guys for jumping the gun here, it's when I seen Case I thought for sure someone just found one that would fit even if it was the wrong one. Thanks Again