Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955l

pittedmess ยท 2015-05-17 14:33

Best solution for my problem Would like a blade for the ole girl so I 1 Looked for the original blade group for the machine 6K1016 No Go 2 Buy a 4 in 1 but then I would have to plumb for the 3rd valve. 3 Cobble a blade off a dozer to fit the machine. What say the experts on here? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2015-05-17 14:46

    I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want to do. Do you plan on removing the existing loader bucket and fitting a blade..? If that's the case and you don't want the complication of plumbing a 3rd valve then why not fit a 4-in-1 bucket but remove the clamshell part leaving you with just the backwall/blade..? Why was the original 6K1016 blade group a no go..?

  2. #2pittedmess2015-05-17 15:11

    Could not find the original blade group.. ...Trying to keep this as simple as possible. Removing the bucket and installing a blade made for the machine is the best way.. Maybe I will keep looking for the blade Listed as an option, but maybe Cat only made a few so they will be scarce a hens teeth

  3. #3pittedmess2015-05-17 17:12

    May go with the 4 in 1..The handle 3A3505 is missing on my machine Everything else is there except the hoses Where is a good grave yard that such things can be found, other than making one. Think the 977 used the same one