Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955L Bucket

MikeVincoli ยท 2012-10-16 22:10

Will a bucket from a 1985 Cat 931 fit a 1976 955L? Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1PAcattech2012-10-16 22:21

    Mike, they are not even close.

  2. #2MikeVincoli2012-10-17 06:15

    10/4. I saw a nice brush rake on ebay and was hoping it would fit. The rake was a quick connect style, but it came with the quick coupler to attach to the tractor. Its hard to find a pin on rake for an older cat loader.

  3. #3Pete955K2012-10-26 08:56

    Mike, Try North American Attachments in Winston-Salem. They usually have used ones that they will modify to fit your machine. I purchased a used rake from them last year for my 955K and have been satisfied with it.

  4. #4MikeVincoli2012-10-27 23:16

    Hey Man, Let me rent that rake from you!!!! I live right down 158 from you in Pelham, off of Allison Road just past Casville!!!! Seriously, thanks for the info. I'll call them next week. What kind of price will I be looking at?

  5. #5Pete955K2012-10-29 07:04

    Mike, I'm not far from you at all. I live on the Park Springs Rd. 3 miles from Casville. You can see my machines from the road if you want to go by and look at the rake. They charged me $2,600. for the rake and that included welding new mounts.

  6. #6MikeVincoli2012-10-29 17:16

    I know exactly where your are at. I haven't been by that way since the spring, but I remember seeing where there had been a lot of timber cut and a couple pieces of equipment doing some land clearing; a couple dozers and the loader. I sure apprecate the invite to check it out, I will stop by and check it out next time I'm by that way. Thanks for the info. Here are some pictures of my CAT. Its a 78 model 13X.

  7. #7Pete955K2012-10-30 08:44

    Mike, Nice machine! I need to paint my 955K. Stop by if you want to see the rake in action. It makes a big difference when cleaning up behind the excavator.