I have a 955L Ser# 85J11XXX with a 4 in 1 bucket. Tractor runs, digs, and moves fine. The problem is that when I go to use the 4 in 1 lever to open the bucket clamp, the hydraulic oil starts pumping out of the filler neck tube. The oil level is correct in the sight glass window but when I use the 4 in 1 lever the sight glass fills up and pumps out fluid as long as I lever in the raised position. The fluid stops spilling out when I return the lever to the close position. The oil does not appear to be foaming or have any air bubbles present. Any ideas?
The aux valve body is remote mounted inside the tank. Likely the return baffle broke or fell off. You can lower the oil level in the tank and run it with the plate off to see what's going on. Later Bob
Bob, thanks for the reply. I should have also mentioned that I recently purchased this particular machine and had the loader completely serviced at a local heavy equipment dealer so I am assuming that all is good with the filters. I just found a Caterpillar Service Manual from another heavy equipment company that sold all of their 955Ls and to my good fortune they still had a few of the manuals so I have some reference material to further investigate. I will let you know how it goes this weekend when I crack the cover! I appreciate the advice.