It appears what you need is an Operation & Maintenance Manual. Post a Serial Number to help identify the correct one.
Serial is missing. Tag ripped off. O but is 13x1. Manual. I just need to know what fluids go where. Bought this thing for the mine.Not sure what fills go where. Buddy said he ran everything 15w40, except hydraulics. So maybe I just need to know where hydraulics go. Thnx for reply. Manual would be nice... Biggest scam on the Internet , everyone has one for sale!
A genuine OEM Cat manual can be downloaded in pdf format from HERE for $30. I'm sure the free copy that originally came with the machine when it was new must have disappeared long ago. Type SEBU5579 in the box and click the Search button. Your buddy was unfortunately not correct, way off in fact. With your geographical location 15W40 in the engine is very questionable - too heavy. How far below freezing does the temperature go in the winter.? Here's what I would suggest. Engine - SAE 10W/30 or maybe even 0W/20 if it gets really cold. Hydraulic system - SAE10W or AW32 hydraulic oil. Transmission & Final Drives - SAE30 TO-4
Thnx for reply. I guess my question is... "What fluid goes where, as per the pics I posted." And, Do you have a manual for 955l cat track loader, model 13x1…. Specific.
I'm sorry I don't, but the link I posted above does. The last time I was around a 955 was probably about 40 years ago. If I said I knew what those fill points were I would be lying, although the 2nd photo does look very much like the hydraulic oil fill. The best suggestion I can make regarding the first photo is to follow the two filler tubes down from the top and see where they lead to.