First post so be kind. I recently bough a 1972 955l with 4in1. it appears there is a bolt that goes into a short link, to support loader so maintenance can be preformed. well, mine is missing; does anyone know of whereabouts of one or a part number if they are available. thanks Tom
Any chance of posting a picture? You may need to post a few times before the forum will allow pictures. Maybe give a hint as to the size of this "bolt"? Any chance there is a part number on this link? That might be very helpful.
s\n is 85J7640. i see no part numbers or have a clue on size.
Don't think its available anymore. Its about 4 inch diameter plug looking thing that attaches on the RH side. I'm looking on SIS for the part number but unable to find the right word to bring it up, yet
It is just a standard size about 11/4 fine thread
Is it the Link #8 on the attachment that you are looking for.?
that is the link, but its the bolt, I think t-bolt on a chain that i am needing.
Gotcha. i thought it was the whole thing you were looking for. More digging needed. There might be something in the Tool Guide.
All I've got in my Tool Guide is Fabricated Tool 580 (FT580) which fits over the lift cylinders of the 933 and 955 to block them up. According to the book, this tool covers 85J models.
Id pick the angle iron over the bolt and link. Its pretty common on most smaller loaders.
I hope to find the bolt , but the angle iron could be a solution. thanks for posting.
I think this be what you are looking for ............
Have tried to find the bolt when I got my loader and there are a few threads that have brought it up, but so far no luck. I've been using a chain from loader arm cross member and over ROP
SIS shows 7K7970 as NA
All the other linkage parts that interface with this lock are common from 85J882-Up. As far as I can see there is no reason why it will not fit. I've lost all confidence in SIS2.0 being able to accurately tell me what was installed on a machine built over 40 years ago. It was apparently working OK when the new system was first introduced but something has gone wrong since.
Thanks Nige . that is what i am looking for . I hope there is one available somewhere. thanks so much.
Try Offroad Equipment in Alcoa TN. Apparently from other HEF member who have dealt with them their phone service is excellent. If they don't have one, or a lead on one, they will most likely give you some suggestions. www.offroadeq.com/
Thanks I will.
Not sure how that "bolt" and linkage work but would it be possible to fabricate one out of an appropriate size grade 8 bolt and a washer? I do know that if this machine was at the company I worked for until 2015 that would be a major problem with the safety people. We had shop built jack stands that we used for over 40 years with out a problem. Then one day some idiot, who could not weld, the other side of the world cobbled together some scrap iron and it failed. All of a sudden or jack stands were a major safety hazard and had to go in scrap bin.
Looks like that retainer #7K7891 is attached to the loader frame for storage with a chain and the other end of the chain is welded to a nut on the frame. Then bolt number 7K7970 is used to attach that link to the boom passing through the retainer threads into the boom. Just a guess but does that bolt just have a ring welded to it so it can be installed and removed with a pry bar?
i dont know as i havent seen one yet except in photos
Guess that makes two of us! Just my somewhat educated guess after looking at the pictures here and on SIS.
7K-7891 breaks down as follows:- 1B4210 is a 1-1/4" full thread UNF nut. This was for the original design of bolt to screw into. (I bet the original 7K7894 Special Bolt was an 1-1/4" UNF thread.) 7K7892 Washer is 4-1/2" OD, 1-5/16" ID, and 1/4" thick. In it's latest iteration the 7K-7970 is listed as a P/N 0328904 Rod which is 1-1/4" dia x 3-1/4" long. So not actually a bolt at all, just a pin with a criclip groove in it. 2M-4287 is actually a 0.05"-thickness external circlip for a 1-1/4" diameter shaft.
I guessed good
That you did...........
great information, any idea on material hardness , grade 5 ,8 ? It would appear that 3A-2942 Link holds the load, while the special bolt just secures it, so maybe hardness is not a huge deal (?)
It's just listed as a medium-carbon steel, so nothing super exotic.