Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955L track loader tension cylinder purge

dugar ยท 2023-10-23 21:32

I just had track tension piston rebuilt and I am having problems getting it to take grease. I am sure there is air in the cylinder but when pumping grease into it, all 4 ports ooze grease. Not sure what I am doing wrong or did CAT repair dept. screw up. Help.

Replies2
  1. #1Dave Neubert2023-10-24 08:10

    Don't know what you mean by all 4 ports did you replace the oring and backup ring where the cylinder bolts together

  2. #2dugar2023-10-24 20:18

    Simple overlook. I had tightened the relief valve/bolt but not the grease zerk/bolt. I thought it was tight and didn't check it. So had a little conference call with CAT tech this morning and he said to check the bolts and low and behold, yep it was loose. My lack of checking costed me about 5 hours of pond cleaning and now we have soaking showers for the rest of the week. Thanks for replying.