First time posting. A friend of mine has asked for my help with his 955L. Someone was trying to push out fencerows in high gear n "smoked" the trans. A few other folks have repeatedly suggested the torque converter. I am not one to throw a bunch of parts at something in hopes of fixing it. I'm thinking the trans itself is compromised. Fluids n filters have been changed beforehand so I can't even check for contamination. I really need a diagnostic flowchart, pressure thresholds n test port locations. Tall order but I want to get this puppy running.
Post a Serial Number please. Help will be forthcoming. Does it have no drive at all in any of the 3 gears in forward or reverse.?
doesn't even try to move. SN will be posted tomorrow afternoon
While you’re working on the S/N take up the floor plate in the cab and observe the coupling between the engine and the transmission. With the engine idling in neutral it should be turning. If you engage any gear (only do this at idle RPM) it should stop. Does it.?
Also ask the owner did they remove and clean the suction screen in the bottom of the transmission case when the oil & filter was changed. If they didn't then removing that will give you a good idea if the clutches have failed. NOTE: The oil needs to be drained first otherwise you'll be wearing it..........
I think you might find this transmission has the rubber Puck's from the flywheel to the transmission drive flange, this starts with checking dipsticks and a pressure gauge in the filter top.
My fault. Converter mounted on the front end of the transmission rather than the back end of the engine. As you were........ Still waiting on a Serial Number.
check the drive biscuits if the loader hydraulics don't work than the biscuits are out