Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

96 763 bobcat locked!!???

urbanrevival ยท 2015-04-19 20:58

I have a 96 763 bobcat that someone has messed with the control panel in top left corner- we can start the machine by jumping it to the starter and it will move back and forth for about a 1ft then its locked, is there anyone in N. Arkansas area that would fix this thing? I dont hear the click when I lower the seat bar. Im wondering since we are bypassing the control panel in top left of cab if it is not allowing the machine to unlock? is there anyway to bypass all that junk and allow the machine to work properly? I could care less if any thing else works as long as it will roll and lift. thanks guys! frustrated!!!

Replies3
  1. #1bobcan2015-04-19 23:50

    I can only suggest that (obviously _ Well, to me anyway) 'all that junk' is there to STOP someone from Stealing The Machine, no different from any automotive scenario.. Now, that being said, some good mechanics here know how to get past it in many instances, but how would they know that YOU are 'the good guy and not the bad guy'..?? Good luck with the quest, I hope there is some simpler solution, but as I read it I think not.. ** Yellow Pages: Hello Mr Bobcat Mechanic _ I suspect

  2. #2urbanrevival2015-04-19 23:56

    great point didn't think about that. How do I prove I own it lol. I think some people looking for wires tried to get into it. [email protected] is my email for any smart mechanics that can help.

  3. #3crewchief8882015-05-02 16:34

    key on seat bar down check for the idiot lights on the panel (bics controller) behind your right elbow.. :drinkup