Strange thing is that when curling the digging bucket in at about half way in with the loader bucket "up" engaged the loader drops hard about a foot then stops hard and again creeps up to 4ft off the ground. All hydraulic features work flawless while unloaded. I have tightened the loose joint under the boot in the clip but haven't yet changed the slopped out joint. VIN is 15478
Do you have the three characters before those five.? They determine the exact model. You have four options.
4zn 04085
That other # was in the cab...
Also, it exhibits the drop at the loader bucket when the digging bucket curls in while empty also. I appreciate you response.
That was probably the engine Serial Number. Question: when you experience problems with the lift function have you tried operating another function at the same time.? Does that have any effect either good or bad.?
While holding the joystick in the lift position I've operated every function of the backhoe including outriggers in and out. Also cycled steering from stop to stop. Also 4 wheel drive just to be sure. The only interaction seems to be at the digging bucket curling 1/2 way in where the brief drop happens.
Did you understand my answer to your question?
Yes indeed. I was trying to identify whether or not it might be a problem with the resolver (double check) valves in either the lift or tilt valve bodies. This would be quite possible in a machine that is now close to 30 years old if these valves have not been resealed before. Does your machine have a 2-section or 3-section front loader equipment control valve.?
This kinda of sounds like I've seen this before Does your machine have ride control by any chance?