Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

96 hitachi 200lc3 excavator hydraulic issue

Longy ยท 2014-04-29 20:35

I got a hitachi 200lc3 when u go to move the bucket or anythink to do with hydraulics the motor stalls.., it's acting like it's under load smoking black no power someone told me it's the high pressure selenoid .., could that b my problem and if so how do I check them ? And also I was told I could eliminate the computer is this true ? Need help thanks

Replies5
  1. #1spitzair2014-04-30 13:46

    You've got an issue with the Pump Valve control system but we'll have to start from the beginning... Behind your seat you'll find 2 computers (they might be under a plastic cover). With the engine running see if there is a light blinking in each one through the little window on the top. They should blink on for one second, off for one second etc. If the lights are not blinking have a look at your fuse panel. I don't have any experience with a -3 but on a -2 which is very similar, they are a 1 amp fuse for the PVC (Pump Valve Controller). Check to see if they are fried. DO NOT put a fuse bigger than 1 amp in there! If they were fried, once you put a new one in see if the lights blink. If they do, try the machine, hopefully that fixes the problem. If it doesn't we'll need to investigate further. I did a complete rewire and computer replacement on my machine a few years ago, you can find that thread here: Hopefully you can find some answers to your questions here... You can't eliminate the computer as far as I know, although there are some mechanical regulator kits out there from what I understand, but I have no idea where to get them. You can put your machine into limp mode to move it around and not kill your engine when moving the controls. If the -3 is the same or similar to the -2 you'll want to go back to your main hydraulic pump. Under the bottom of the pump is a plate that is held in with 4 allen head screws. Take the screws out and pull the plate out. It has a long pin on it that's mounted offset to one side. Rotate the plate so that the pin is now on the side opposite to what it was before and push it back up in the housing. You may need to loosen off the small pilot line on the top of the pump to be able to push the piston in there all the way up. This destrokes your pumps and everything will move very slowly, but it will move. Let us know how you make out!

  2. #2Bremcoe2014-05-31 01:12

    To check your hp solinoids, use a multimeter that does ohms resistance.. Set it to the lower ohms setting 20 instead of 200 for example, the solenoid should be 17.0 ohms resistance. 15.5-19 should be ok but 17.0 is new spec. If they read 0 or something high like 30+ then you have a problem with them. If they check out than do exactly what spitzer said. He's helped me a ton and can be a real help!

  3. #3brianbulldozer2014-05-31 09:06

    "You can't eliminate the computer as far as I know, although there are some mechanical regulator kits out there from what I understand, but I have no idea where to get them." On ebay of course: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321406543774?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

  4. #4Longy2014-05-31 12:54

    Does anyone no where I can get a used hydraulic cylinder for my hitachi 200lc3 I need the cylinder that controls the bucket .... And too let everyone I bought the kit to eliminate my computer and wow it works great now thanks to everyone that helped me figure it out so if any one needs high pressure selenoids do hitachi excavator I got them I bought 2 new ones and didn't need them

  5. #5finaldrive2014-06-02 09:28

    4286781 is the part number for the bucket cylinder. We don't have stock but most likely could locate one for you. click link below to contact us | v