Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

960f

BazSloan · 2026-02-08 06:15

Serial no 6xl00177. Hi I have 2 issues. When I turn loader on dash is nice and bright but it gets duller over a short time. Also I’ve just had it apart and did articulation. But importantly I can’t get coolant temp gauge to work. It goes in the red after it does its startup. I have 24v and 7v at the 2 wires at the temp sensor. I’ve had wires off sensor and also tried cutting the orange coolant temp wire at pin 8 in big plug under steering wheel. Nothing seems to change the gauge. Any help appreciated

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2026-02-08 09:00

    All these problems you have. Were they there before you did the disassembly.? If they were not then it's likely something you did during the process. Check your message inbox for an electrical schematic. On which wires exactly.? You should have 24v between 113-OR & Black but the signal on 441-OR is a PWM and you will need a meter capable of measuring duty cycle to read it.

  2. #2BazSloan2026-02-18 07:32

    Wiring tested good. Have ordered new sender. On another note has anyone ever swapped this engine out and put. 3306 in a 950 or 960f loader. Have pc engine here on. Generator

  3. #3Simon C2026-02-20 15:22

    Generators normally run 1800 rpm and are not set up for variable speed. These kinds of problems can become very complicated fast. Simon C

  4. #4Nige2026-02-20 15:27

    What engine does it have in it right now.?