Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

963 3304

gwhammy ยท 2023-10-19 20:53

Needing at least a good short block, these things seem to be getting really hard to come by. What all did they put them in and how long did they make them? I threw a rod on mine, just guessing right now the upper end is all I have to work with.

Replies2
  1. #1Dave Neubert2023-10-20 07:56

    950 loaders 120g motor graders D4H and many others just make sure you get a DI block

  2. #2gwhammy2023-10-21 07:00

    I bought a 963 with a good motor and drive motors and pump bad. Every source I had didn't have any or a lead on any. I didn't realize they were getting that hard to find. I think I can come out on this one, got the bucket sold for half of what I got in it and the only thing missing is the cab. Looking at my broke one yesterday with a buddy and it looks like a rod cap came off. The bottom of the rod is hanging out of the side of the block and it windowed both sides. Just bad luck I guess.