Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

963 fan bearing

tnc110 ยท 2014-06-01 13:25

Looking at buying a 963, that appears to have a bad fan bearing. Can I just buy the bearing or is it a costly assembly like on big trucks? Any place to find them other than the dealer? What all is involved in replacing? 3304 engine. 1990 21z model I believe. Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1Mobiltech2014-06-01 14:08

    You can take the bearings out and match them up at your farm parts store. There are 2 ball bearings in it if it's like most of them. They are not hard to change. The hardest part is removing it . You can unbolt the fan from it and just pull the drive out. You will need to support the fan because it will drop down a bit.

  2. #2tnc1102014-06-01 14:26

    21z03596

  3. #3CM19952014-06-01 14:48

    Just did this on my 953. The parts were less than $200 from the dealer - both bearings, seals, etc. I am sure I could have found them cheaper but the machine is out in the boondocks and one or two trips back to get parts would have ate up the savings.