I'm looking for part #s for the hyd hose inside of the hyd tank and also the gasket for between the 2 tanks. Ser# 86J3625 thanks in advance Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
By between the two tanks do you mean the two halves of the one tank?
Is the hose you are looking for the item # 8 in the image below? Part number for that is 6J2287 Gasket between the two halves of tank is # 3H9523
3H-9523 is the gasket between the 2 halves of the tank. 6J-2287 is the Hose As.
Thanks Nige I was in a hurry when i typed that erlier. I have the part# for the hose but Fabick Cat says it is discontinued and it has special ends crimped on so just going to the local hose shop isnt gonna work. Any ideas
I'm trying to see if I can get a breakdown of the hose and the end fittings to see what's special about it to indicate why it was discontinued. It's not in any system I have access to.
They are similar to the standard o-ring face fittings but instead of having the 2 halves of the clamp with 4 bolts the clamp is made onto the fitting and there are only 2 bolts. The 90degree fitting on one end also swivels but doesnt need to
Systems all came up empty. Can't even find the breakdown of parts that were used to make it up. It appears when it was discontinued it dropped off the face of the planet .......... your local hose shop and make one "as per pattern" appears to be the only way out ..............
Does anyone know if the clamps would be reusable and are slid onto the fitting before the hose is crimped. Maybe they are standard o-ring face fittings did cat ever use anything like this for other applications
Any chance of posting a decent photo of the hose and telling us what internal diameter it is..?
yes but not until my wife gets home lol i was hoping to be done with the job i was on so i took the truck and trailer up to get the machine and when it broke i didnt want to drive the truck home for nothing so i had her pic me up and i left the hose in the back of her van it never fails for me on the last day instead of taking the truck and trailer i should just take my service truck because something seems to always go wrong
The hose is made to swivel on the fittings to allow the movement within the location, you have to undo the pipe to remove the front plate of the tank, the gasket is easily found and a few long bolts can help some when you try to build up the tank, if your return to dig valve works O.K. fine, if not you will find the little piston is stuck and just needs a little jiggle with a spanner to set it free in the inner back of the tank that is hooked up to the tilt valve, any CAT dealer hose man would be able to re-hose your pipe with your old ends. tctractors
Thanks tc but i am not thinking that these are reusable ends. They are the crimped type fittings not the type with the sleeve that you can press together or apart. Here are some pics https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bo0vk1ufsr1nvb8/AADY0JhyoA98EnbVRicXfUZAa Also the end with the elbow swivels up by the hose end. I was also looking to see if they were the type of fittings usually used for 4wire and larger hoses with the barb and fitting one piece with the crimp collar is separate but they are all one piece and the flange does not come off without cutting the fitting
Well if you cannot find a pipe you might think about cutting into the outer swaged area to peel it back to stuff a new bit of hose in? the pipe is not under any large pressure as its the filter line, it hardly needs a swaged fitting, a worm drive clip will be well up to the mission as its not going to leak owt'. tctractors
Do you think some 500psi nylon braided return line will do the trick. I dont have any manuals or anything for this yet but where is the filter located in the system. Is it the last thing before the tank or is it further up the line closer to the pump. I know where the filter is physicaly located but just curious Where it is in the schematic. I didnt think there would be a whole lot of pressure there and the hose bursting inside the tank isnt what im worried its the outside layer of rubber peeling off and getting into the rest of the system
In the implement hydraulic circuit the hose you are asking about takes return oil right from the control valve inside the tank to the filter which then dumps the oil straight back into the tank. As TC says there will be almost no pressure in it.
I'd be thinking of something like Aerorquip FC-300 if the inside diameter of the hose gives a good fit to the salvaged hose ends. Then for clamps something like the ones in the picture below. If you can tell me what hose you are using and maybe the outside diameter I could find the Cat part number or your dealer should be able to do that. I don't have my Cat hose book at home but Cat should also have something equal to the FC-300, as would any good hose shop. The FC-300 is good for a working temperature of 302º and just guessing on your size a -20 hose is good for 625psi, I don't think your filter cover could ever handle that much. This hose has a single wire braid reinforcement so it should make the bend with out kinking. As for the 500psi nylon braided return line, do you know the temperature spec's on it? Also how flexible is it can it make the bend without kinking?
I will have to look tomorrow when i get to the shop but i will be able to figure something out with the info i have now from you guys. Thanks for all the help. I guess when cat replaces them now that what they do is cut the ends off and reuse. Thanks again , Drew
1466IH, I am slightly brain locked on the fact you seem to not know the location of the hydraulic filter? (the round lid on top) as for the hose I would slit the outer swaged ferrule down like fingers to peel open in a splay, then pull off the hose from the fitting and see what standard of hose is used, then replace with something as similar, its just a bit of hydraulic pipe about a foot long, in the U.K. I could take this pipe to the hose man (Martin) at Finning Cannock I am positive that he would be able to sort this item out, the parts counter would be the wrong place to try to get over this point, if you were in the U.K. I do have 2 hydraulic tanks (4 Valve) that You could have robbed a pipe from, anyhow best of luck as I like a Shovel! tctractors
Tony, if I'm reading IH's post correctly he was asking where the filter was in relation to the hydraulic circuit (it's in the return side not the suction side), not its physical location.
Nige, I did a re-read and you are bang on I have been a bit thick? so to help things some IH if you look at the bottom of the tank you will see the oil feed point down to the implement pump (19gpm) the oil is pumped back up to the valve chest that looks very old style compared to the control valves around now, after the oil has passed through the valve chest it heads via the "Hose" to the return style filter allowing the oil back into the tank as far as possible away from the oil feed point controlling foaming etc as best as possible, the tank will build up an amount of pressure through operation, this helps keeping (Forcing) an oil feed to the pump, the pump is a vane type cartridge style (Vickers) unit driven from the front gear chest of the engine at half crank speed. tctractors
Thanks again guys is there a suction screen somewhere also. Since ihave the fluid out and and the tank split now might be the time to clean if there is one. I have some hose that will work just fine. It is return line that i had laying around from another project so now i just need to go buy some hose clamps. Did cat use an actual Vickers pump of just a vickers style. If so what is the model of the pump for future reference. And yes nige was correct. Im not that dense unless you ask my wife lol
Most of the older Cats I've been around and even some of the newer ones use Vickers vane type pumps. Can't help you on what model your machine has but I do recall that many years ago we tried buying cartridges and seal kits from a Vickers dealer and they were about half again more expensive than right from Cat and the cat dealer either had them in stock or over night from warehouse.
As one of resident experts on this type of iron Tony may correct me on this but I always thought Vickers built vane pumps specifically for Cat which is why they had a plate with a Cat Part # on it. That's why they are often referred to as "Vickers-style" pumps because they were different by design intent and Vickers dealers didn't stock parts for them
10-4 thanks nige. I currently have a Vickers pump tore apart waiting on parts at the moment. It is on a 640 Ford tractor with a Davis loader. Sourcing parts for that was a real pita because the loader was made by davis/mid-west who made the backhoes and loaders for all brands of tractors at the time then was bought out by Massey Ferguson but Massey doesn't supply parts anymore but thank the Lord for collectors. I found a couple places that make re pop parts Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
On the Vickers pump cartridge it has rotation arrows and pump volume marked, the CAT pumps are made by Vickers but the tough bit is matching the CAT detail/P-No' to the Vickers I.D. I have a Pal who has a conversion book on all Vickers style pumps to CAT and other brands, but he will not let me near it, so I get him to sort my pump supply problems (The tricky ones) with a good price allways a lot cheaper than O.M. sometimes its best to let the people that are good at what they do sort things that they know about, I am a bit of a dummy and always glad to find someone keen to help me, you cannot do everything its not worth the brain cells. tctractor p.s. I always keep 19gpm 21 & 28 gpm cartridge pumps in my cupboard ready to impress .