Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

963 ser# 21z02057

Matthew Shelton ยท 2018-08-26 19:15

Posting the same question in multiple threads can cause confusion. Usually we'll close one and leave a redirect to the other. Since these two threads were very similar, but not quite identical, I've "merged" them. ~Digger242j I have a 963 loader that runs fine but once it warms up to 200 degrees it is if the transmission slips for a second and then engages again and repeats, but only when pushing hard, like taking out a big tree. You can go and do something else with it not as hard and it does fine. Any ideas? And I have recently pulled the drian plate, it had a bad O ring, found a little piece of thin metal in it about the size of a little finger nail, not very thick can bend it fairly easily. The machine works and runs fine up until it reaches that 200 degrees mark in a hard push. No noises, any help would be appreciated

Replies8
  1. #1Matthew Shelton2018-08-27 12:29

    I have a 963 loader that runs fine but once it warms up to 200 degrees it is if the transmission slips for a second and then engages again and repeats, but only when pushing hard, like taking out a big tree. You can go and do something else with it not as hard and it does fine. Any ideas? And I have recently pulled the drian plate, it had a bad O ring, found a little piece of thin metal in it about the size of a little finger nail, not very thick can bend it fairly easily. The machine works and runs fine up until it reaches that 200 degrees mark in a hard push. No noises, any help would be appreciated

  2. #2Joe Fick2018-08-28 02:07

    You got a valve gone bad. Theres a thread on here about the transmission rebuild on a 963 B I'm gonna see if I can find it for you n it's very good thread to read n study upon

  3. #3Joe Fick2018-08-28 02:10

    HeavyEquipmentForums

  4. #4Joe Fick2018-08-28 02:13

    Read up on this thread HeavyEquipmentForums

  5. #5Matthew Shelton2018-08-28 08:32
  6. #6Matthew Shelton2018-08-28 08:34

    Thanks: that sucks, I ran it yesterday and it ran fine, but it never did get over 190 degrees

  7. #7DMiller2018-08-28 16:14

    Run it for a trophy at this point, until it gets really bad you may not isolate the issue.

  8. #8Matthew Shelton2018-08-28 16:33

    That's what I'm thinking about doing. It dont make any noise