Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

963C flushing/draining hydrostat….help please

Sunuva ยท 2016-06-09 10:45

I have a 963c 2ds serial number About a year ago a renter submerged it in a pond....to the cab! After battling insurance etc....I've recently began the rebuild. Engine rebuilt, MANY parts replaced, but it's running good. Operates and tracks great.....but, My last problem: There's water in the hystat, fluid is white. Hydraulic tank is fine, and clear. Hoses to all hyd cylinders (when opened) have good fluid draining out. But hystat dipstick is solid white when I pull it. How do you flush or drain hystat? I see no drain plug, or anyway to get the bad fluid out. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Replies1
  1. #1rmllarue912016-06-09 23:13

    Sunuva I think you might be confusing pump drive with hystat. Hydraulics and hystat are the same oil on a c series pump drive has a drain valve in bottom in front of bell housing. Holds about a us gallon or 4 liters