I've noticed advertised horse power ratings ranging from 158 to 174. Is there any component differences, or is it all controlled by what program is loaded to the machine?
Maybe some are quoting Gross Power, others are quoting NET power after subtracting the power necessary to run all the engine accessories...? The only number I can find on sales literature is 158BHP clearly stated as "Net Flywheel Power". Looking at the dyno test for the engine it is shown as 174BHP which will be gross BHP.
Here is the Specalog for the 963C
Ok. Make sense. I saw one guy claim 160hp. I guess people post whatever they think sounds best! I saw one thing on that literature that was interesting to me. And that is that the bucket capacity is figured using long teeth. I always thought bucket capacity was figured as full of water.... therefore teeth type would not matter!
A bucket with teeth may have a different size or shape of base edge compared to one without teeth. The base edge is classed as part of the bucket structure for the purpose of calculating the struck bucket capacity, so the equipment manufacturer has to state what type of bucket it is even though the teeth themselves don't form part of the calculated bucket volume (either struck or heaped). The pyramid of the heaped bucket can either be 2:1 as per SAE standard or 1:1 if it is measured by some of the other standards that are used. The illustration below shows a 1:1 heap.