Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

966 B cat loader

Ima Friend ยท 2022-10-14 21:37

Converter over heating, has plenty of power but average work will cause a overheating issue, it has the filter on top with the 6 bolt cap, what filter number and gasket set do I need to replace it. What do I need to know about any slave pump?

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2022-10-15 05:05

    If your machine is a 75A-prefix you're going to need a Parts Manual (or acces to someone who has one) because there is no parts information for that model in the online service system. The Parts Manual for machines with S/N up to 75A1467 is UE035262. Can't see one anywhere. For machines from 75A1468-Up it is UEG0034S. There appears to be an electronic copy on scribd.com that you can download if you upload something in exchange for it.

  2. #2d9gdon2022-10-18 19:31

    Your machine is old enough to require the help of the experts at: www.acmoc.org It's the Antique Caterpillar Machinery Owners Club. Somebody will have a parts manual and experience with the powertrain. It's an excellent club to join...I've been a member for quite a few years now.

  3. #3Dave Neubert2022-10-19 17:18

    I would check the transmission cooler it may be internaly clogged