Sorry for what might be a dumb question.. I am trying to fix up a loader I bought and both fuel caps are missing, has one on each side of the tank, and I can't seem to find them online for the life of me... But I also don't know what the name is of this style if it has one? The loader is an old Clark Michigan if that helps any. Also the tank has a small little bit of rust flake starting on the bottom, how can I remove it? Is there a chemical or cleaner I can pour in to dissolve the rust or break it up then rinse it out? There is no fuel lines going to it currently so no worries about damaging them or the fuel system.
muratic acid and water solution will dissolve the rust, displace the rinse water with acetone after treatment probably a 1:5 ratio of acid to water, leave overnight you add the acid to the water, not the other way, bad things could happen
That is a "bayonet" type fuel cap mount. Measure the internal, and external dimensions and try www.fillernecksupply.com for caps.
5% Vinegar works good, too. I start with vinegar first, then the Muratic acid if needed.
Thank you to everyone for the replying, appreciate the help. Although I have worked on many many different things over the years and alot of different heavy machinery, this loader isn't original, the motor blew so the old owner cut the very rear of the loader where the frame bends to make the rear, and he found a IH DT466 in a combine at a junkyard, cut the entire rear frame rails off it slide them inside the loader frame rails and partially welded it together and hooked up the driveshaft and a boat tank for fuel just to get it started, but never got that far and sold it. So I have a ton of stuff to figure out, I did get it started so far after messing with the starter, but I still need to do a complete rewire exhaust hood lights etc. Next is to figure out how to wire the alternator and where to put a hydraulic filter.
Measure the diameter and an industrial supplier should have a fuel cap. Most likely needs to be vented. I bought a supposedly vented fuel cap that didn't vent and it caused the engine to die and the fuel tank to pressurize. I forgot the brand but got a Stant cap and all is good. A little more money but no issues. Forgot to put cap back on a skid steer and of course it didn't fall off right away and after searching everywhere I drove couldn't find it.