I've got a 966 loader that has been sitting about a year and the shaft going into the pump will not move forward to advance throttle! It does however move to the stop and run positions. Is it possible for this shaft to freeze up! It moves nice when you pull the peddle back to the kill position and back to run but that's it! Thanks for the help! First time posting here!
If you have the old scroll pump it will limit the throttle travel untill you get oil pressure up. Later Bob
Can't even make it crank now so haven't made any progress it won't roll over with new battery's but it did the day! And some one hooked it up 24 volt but the batters were dead now I'm not sure if it is 24 or 12 haha
Is the master switch on? I believe the 966 is 24 volt, but don't quote me.
It does have a master! Funny thing is there is two spots for battery's but only one neg and one pos, so unless some one took the jumper who knows!
You need a short Jumper between the two 12volt batteries. Turn the engine over by hand and make sure it's not seized. Low oil pressure might be your problem. Later Bob
Just so you know if this is a original style master switch you DO NOT hook a positive to it NO WAY! The disconnect switch is in the ground side of the battery wiring. Cable from the negative side of one battery goes to the switch and the other wire off this switch goes to a ground point on engine or frame. Don't go guessing where to hook the cables as you will have a major meltdown if you are wrong! Do you have a serial number for this 966? I've worked on them more or less since the first came out and I do have access to online service info from Cat so with the serial number I could send you a wiring diagram and even tell you which battery cable should hook to what. Serial number should be on a tag near the center of machine where the front and rear come together, assuming this is an articulating machine!