Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

966b

Link52 · 2024-08-16 21:08

Recently purchased a 966B cat but didn’t realize that cat does not list these older machines in the parts department. I was trying to find filter no’s but without removing them to get no’s. Any idea’s where to locate this info

Replies12
  1. #1Coaldust2024-08-16 23:37

    Purchase an old hard copy parts book for your serial number on EBay

  2. #2Link522024-08-16 23:46

    Bought a service and parts book but can’t find one for my serial number exactly mine is an 75A 2607 my parts book says revised 1966 my loader was supposed to be 1975

  3. #3Link522024-08-16 23:52

    Most of them on E-Bay say 75A 1 and up but even the service manual says issued 12-69 so not new enough?

  4. #4Nige2024-08-17 04:57

    If you had said 1965 instead of 1975 you might be closer to the truth. The 75A-prefix 966B was produced between 1963 & 1968 according to my information. Where your particular Serial Number falls in that date range I don't know. For machine S/N 75A2607 the correct parts manual is UEG0034S covering machines from 75A1468-Up. If the service manual you bought looks like this one that is for sale on eBay then you have the correct one. 75A1-Up effectively means "from first machine built"

  5. #5Welder Dave2024-08-17 22:59

    I got little book that says 966C started in 1968 too.

  6. #6Link522024-08-18 00:33

    Think your right about year , I’ve Been doing more research Bought from a local Case dealer on consignment, Bill of sale says 1979 but you get back to that age of equipment and it’s mostly about the condition. I could probably throw a fit and demand something but think I will try to service and get it working a little better It seems to run pretty smooth had a couple of small projects that I needed done, only about 10 end-dump loads, now time to replace fluids and service thoroughly, one brake has issues. The manuals I purchased might be the right ones after all. I thought the C’s started in 76 but have noticed some early 70 ones. Thanks for the feedback I’ll probably ask more questions before I get this thing rejuvenated.

  7. #7nicky 68a2024-08-18 06:23

    Not the best of pics,but it looks ok. I’m thinking a D333 engine in it?

  8. #8Nige2024-08-18 07:06

    Your info appears to be a little off. Here is a list of what 966 models were produced when according to the Cat Performance Handbook.

  9. #9Nige2024-08-18 07:07

    If you want to post publication numbers or photos of the covers from manuals you bought it ought to be relatively easy to determine if they are appropriate for your loader Serial Number.

  10. #10Link522024-08-20 13:47

    Not sure if this shows what you need

  11. #11Nige2024-08-20 15:05

    Based on the photos both of those manuals should work for your Serial Number.

  12. #12Link522024-08-20 21:08

    Thanks for your help