New to me for $500 is a Case 1960s W5AG wheel loader and as of right now, if fires up, lifts the bucket, power steering pushes, and brakes work. Only problem is the hydraulic power shuttle transmission isn't moving it. m Like it's always in neutral even when I put it in any of the gears in the 4 gear range. The fluid was really milky so it is drained and needs new fluid but with that fluid, didn't kick or act like there was any contact happening. Is a solenoid stuck, was the fluid to thin, is a screen clogged? There isn't a hydraulic filter to change. Pic of fluid, is that really bad? Any ideas would help! Thanks
I don't know if there'd be solenoids on an old loader like that. The fluid is really milky. What kind of transmission is it? Wondering if it has a clutch that needs replacing.
It's an original hydraulic power shuttle transmission from Case. There is no clutch oh this rig. It I believe have a torque converter and I guess internal pressure plates? Not 100 on that but maybe it has a solenoid that is stuck or shot that isn't making fluid get diverted for neutral to drive/reverse...
Maybe there are test ports you can hook a gauge to?
To check for pressure when trying to engage forward or reverse? Is that your idea?
I need to probably get some Hy-Trans top grade fluid and ensure I've fully blead the lines with good fluid...
Would be good to find a manual or someone who's knows more about the trans.
Yea that's who I'm hoping to find on here. I've got a digital manual but I don't think it has Power Shuttle maintenance/repair info.
My pictures is of the transmission and the leaver behind the "adjustment solenoid " I am unsure of it's purpose. Any ideas out there? Seems like some cable should be attached to the brake peddle or some other option...