Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

966c

jook24 ยท 2024-08-16 11:48

Want to change HYD and transmission fluids and filters just not sure the drains or filter locations if someone could lead me in the right direction thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2024-08-16 13:37

    There is very little information in the online systems for machines from that era. You need a Maintenance Manual. Still available as a download from Cat for $30. Click HERE , put GEG00180 in the box and click the Search button. The illustration below should pop up. Covers all 30K machines from first built up to 1252, which includes yours.

  2. #2kshansen2024-08-16 14:09

    Considering what the oil and filters will cost $30.00 for the manual would be money well spent! Now if you had asked this back in 2015 while I was still working at the quarry I'm sure I still had some of the manuals, right down to parts and service! Spent many hours working on those little loaders! I seem to recall all the ones we had were the 76J***** serial numbers. Can't think of any part of a 966C I did not at one time remove and repair or replace!

  3. #3jook242024-08-17 18:27

    thanks for the info much appreciated.