Hi guys. Does anyone have the procedure to calibrate the lift position sensor and tilt position sensor for a 966h a6d00991. I have a 82. 350.04 code in display and found that the lift position sensor is faulty. I will replace it but I need the procedure to put it back in operation. I have a cat clicker box. Thanx
Position Sensor for the Lift Linkage (Operator Monitor) - Calibrate (RENR8858) is what you're after. Maybe someone will post it, or maybe search online. This probably doesn't relate to you since you had a 350-4 (voltage below normal), but I recently found one of those brand new sensors fried due to incorrect wiring (full battery Ve+ routed to the C signal wire). Those sensors ain't cheap!
Did you determine that the sensor was defective after a troubleshooting procedure or did you simply decide to replace it.? Let me see if I can find the correct procedure.
Been too long since I touched a Cat loader but I'm attaching what might be the info you are needing.
There is 0 resistance between a and c pin and the wiring is ok. Do you have any other tip to verify before changing part?
All I can suggest is take a look through the attached and see if there is anything in this procedure that you haven't done. Many times people simply order a replacement sensor in an attempt to fix a Diagnostic Code without having done any testing first. Obviously that's not true in your case but your OP made no mention of that. As Chrisso pointed out these sensors are not cheap.
Ok thanx. I will do the diagnostics first.
By no means "by the book"... but my fallback if there's any doubt is... 1) key on. 2) disconnect the sensor at the sensor, forget about the sensor. 350-3 voltage above normal should be active. 3) while it's apart, check the harness for good A (V+) and B (V-). Check C (signal) for pullup voltage, usually 5 volts or thereabouts). 3) stick a jumper wire on B (V-) and C (signal). 350-4 voltage below normal should go active. If all above is correct, can't ask any more of the wiring or ECM... time to replace the sensor. If any of the above isn't right, go back over the diagnostic procedure.
Hi guys. So did test wiring side and ecu. All good. Changed sensor and calibrated it. No more fault code and position kick out works great. Thanks for the help.