966k with intermittent reverse trouble. No DTCs machine works in forward , when you select reverse you can feel the reverse solenoid kick in and then suddenly your back in neutral. It doesn’t seem to matter how many times you try to go into reverse your always thrown back into neutral . Looking for a starting point
Fault codes right off the bat for electrical issues. Fluid levels and oil analysis next.
No fault codes on the monitor. Going to hook up et next. Oil level is a touch down still in safe range going to top that up in the am. I also am going to change the trans filter because last year it threw a code for plugged trans filter and it sure acted weird. No code this time though so I’m sure confused
when you put et on it look what the controller is telling transmission
Cut the old one and take a look in the media for any indication of particles. Is the oil dark & cloudy or clear & bright.? Does it smell burned.? Pull a sample and have it analysed as @John C. suggested.
It doesn’t smell burnt. Someone put a red dye in it so it’s hard to tell what colour it is
Right away when I’m plugged in here 4 of 6 ecms are showing as in complete hook up Last time I plugged into this machine this was not a problem
1401-6 appears for a second when put into reverse and then disappears
That’s a high current for Transmission Solenoid #1 (REV) - most likely a short to ground. I wonder if you have a wiring harness connector somewhere that has green crusties on it.? Hard to troubleshoot when it is not there permanently. Do you have access to the electrical schematic.? If you don't I have a copy.
so when I unplug #1 solenoid it permanently switched to 1401-5
Low current. That would be expected. What’s the resistance across the solenoid coil.? As a suggestion try swapping the #1 solenoid valve with #3 (4th speed) and see what happens.
Never thought to do this. Not a bad idea either. I dare say reverse will work. I bit the bullet and ordered a coil. What could go wrong.