How to fix a 966L that is double enginging gears
Post your machines serial number if you want some help. Might be handy to explain exactly what machine is doing, when did it start. Simon C
Serial number its FRS02265. It start on Monday
?
Without much explanation, it's a bit hard to diagnose, but maybe the drain for one clutch is blocked & keeping pressure in the clutch when it should be disengaged.
We could be baking a cake for all I know
What happening is if I engange a gear it double that gear on a transmission not just the first gear but all the gear it's engange them twice
Exactly how are you determining that? What are the symptoms you are having and under what conditions?
Once it double engage those gears, the engine change the indling sound but if you engage nutrial gear it goes back it normal endling
Seem like you are saying when you go in a gear driveline is locking up if so my guess would be 3 clutches are engaging instead of 2 could possibly be a stuck solenoid
I thought so also, but unfortunately I did removed the transmission and stripped it and change the solenoid even install new clutches but it keeping do the same thing
I think maybe some tests of the power supply to each of the transmission solenoids might be in order. The solenoids are as follows: - (4) Clutch solenoid modulating valve for the Number 1 clutch (reverse) (5) Clutch solenoid modulating valve for the Number 2 clutch (forward) (6) Clutch solenoid modulating valve for the Number 3 clutch (fourth speed) (7) Clutch solenoid modulating valve for the Number 4 clutch (third speed) (8) Clutch solenoid modulating valve for the Number 5 clutch (second speed) (9) Clutch solenoid modulating valve for the Number 6 clutch (first speed) 1. The solenoid for Clutch #4 (3rd speed) should be energized when the transmission in neutral. 2. For any other transmission speed, one of either the forward or reverse clutch solenoids should be energized PLUS one of the four speed clutches. I would be looking very closely to see whether or not the solenoid for Clutch #4 is de-energizing when the transmission is shifted out of neutral.
Here's a question for you. Does this particxular loader you are working on have a lockup clutch on the torque converter.? As far as I recall the installation of an LUC was an optional attachment (not standard) for load & carry operations. When you had the transmission disassembled did you open up the torque converter for inspection.? What are the hours currently showing on the meter.?
I have had a selector switch engage 3 clutchs at once, just something else to check
An easy way to check. Does it have a solenoid valve Ref #3 in the illustration above set slightly apart from the other 6 solenoids.? Also - is this machine a steel mill arrangement.?
Nobody has said anything about Diagnostic Codes yet. This is a late-model machine full of ECMs.
This one have no code
Yes the torque converter were opened and there was nothing wrong
What was the condition of the stator freewheel mechanism.?
I would check every gear one gear should work if it is engaging 3 clutches when you get to the gear that uses the extra clutch it should work in that gear. If you find nothing there I would drop the drive shafts and try the transmission to see if it still loads the engine
I agree. If a clutch, let's say #4 (3rd speed) because it is the one clutch that is engaged when the transmission is in neutral, is permenantly engaged for whatever reason then if you select 3rd speed in either forward or reverse the transmission should perform as normal but only in 3rd speed. Does it..? Along with that what you could also do is backprobe the electrical connectors to the solenoid valves and verify which valves are energized when you select a certain speed in the transmission. I've already had a sneaky bet on what I think the problem is............ EDIT: Some questions for the OP. Is the machine in a workshop right now, or somewhere outside.? Does it move at all, despite the transmission problems.? Is there an open space that is at least 100m long (preferably 200m) x 20m wide where it can be tested without posing a danger to anyone.?
Yes, Nige. I remember the old 785's would bog down severely when the one way clutch failed, but if you got the machine moving, you could drive it around & it would upshift normally.
I'm glad someone else is thinking along the same lines I am. The difference with this transmission is that lockup is only available in 3rd & 4th speeds, not from 1st up to 7th like a truck transmission. That's why I wanted a large space to get the ground speed up until it met LUC engagement criteria in 3rd speed and see what happened.