Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

97 Case 621B return to dig

Racer142 · 2023-11-24 16:43

Hello. I just bought a 97 case 621 B out of Minnesota. I’m located in western colorado when I the machine showed up I noticed along with many other things that the return to dig doesn’t work. Seems when the lever should normally kick out is when it will stick back the bucket will curl all the way and the lever doesn’t kick out. I’ve tried switching proximity switches with the hoist proximity switch and adjusting the bar in the z bar linkage with no fixes. It’s like soon as the proximity switch doesn’t since metal is when the bucket control lever will stick back almost opposite from what it should do. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I’m open proximity switches are 500$ so if I can try things first before buying one I’m definitely open to that.

Replies1
  1. #1Racer1422023-11-24 16:45

    I have checked fuses and have not put a meter on the harness yet. My service manual talked about a detent coil would that be the switch itself or a solenoid of sort?