Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

97 JCB 214 series 2 backhoe need help braking issue

PLOWKING ยท 2014-02-06 12:13

For the last couple times I used the machine the brakes work for an hr or 2 then fade off and the pedal get spongy and drops to the floor then nothing I let the machine sit over night or couple hrs or drive it down the road pump the brakes and the pedal comes back....I did change the axle fluid hoping to correct the issue thinking it was moisture in the axle fluid and it does the same thing. :Banghead

Replies3
  1. #1d4c24a2014-02-06 15:25

    wrong grade oil in the brakes , make sure the rear axles has wet brake additive too

  2. #2PLOWKING2014-03-10 09:39

    Flushed the brake fluid and swapped the axle fluid with jcb stuff...and I've put over 80 hrs since with no issues thanks for your help

  3. #3d4c24a2014-03-10 15:57

    thats good thanks for coming back and letting us know