Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 416b 4wd

dsloan ยท 2014-02-06 14:12

i have a 416b cat 4wd if i leave it in 4wd it will blow the fuse however if i leave it in 4wd for a short time it works fine. any ideas

Replies5
  1. #1AllDodge2014-02-06 15:58

    I think you have a solenoid going out. The 4WD switch energizes the solenoid and it starts to heat up. After a while it may blow as soon as you turn it on

  2. #2dsloan2014-02-06 22:15

    Thanks for the info any idea where the solenoid is located

  3. #3AllDodge2014-02-07 09:06

    Haven't had my C model very long but I would guess it's on the transfer case, maybe transmission. Will look through my manuals and see if I can find the location.

  4. #4AllDodge2014-02-07 09:46

    It should be part of the transmission. My C model is on the left side in about the middle of the transmission. You can pull the plug and see if it goes into 4WD. If you pull the wrong one, like the direction it shouldn't hurt anything, just won't go in gear.

  5. #5dsloan2014-02-07 10:17

    Thanks I will check it out