Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this machine. It is a 4x4 with 4 in 1 bucket and extendahoe. Here are some pics of my machine. These pics came from govdeals.com. I have not had time to take my own yet.
Mylocal rental yard has two of them, one brand new(last year). At first I didnt like it compared to the 580 I am used to, It didnt feel like it had the power. As the job progressed I got into it. It felt like the motor wouldnt wind up but it did have good power. The extendahoe with pilot controls was awesome. I still like the single lever on the 580 better compared to duals on the 215 for the 4n1. All in all a machine I would be happy to own.:drinkup
There are a lot of people that bad mouth the JCBs. Having never owned one, I always wondered how they were. Those that I talked to that own them always liked them. I recently had a job that I needed a bigger hoe for so I rented a JCB. I found it to be a pretty decent machine. The power was good and the controls were very responsive and smooth. It had quite a few hours on it, yet you wouldn't know it by the way it operated. It also had the Deere control setup which I am used to. Two days on a machine doesn't make you an expert on whether it is a overall good machine or not, but I definitely wasn't disappointed. I would rent it again.
i drove several backhoe's over the years and i prefer the jcb over the rest, i first learned to operate on a case 580 F 19years ago. i would say jcb 1st cat 2nd ford/ new holland 3rd case 4th i spent at least a year on each machine . we call the jcb a 3cx over here in the uk
J - Just C - Crappy B - Backhoe
:nono :nono pullpan :IMO
After owning a J.C.B 3cx. . your locked in 4 life i bought my first 3cx in 1997 here in Greece. . 1991 model with 4x4,sideshift,4-in1 bucket. . this machine wasnt even turbo and it had a lot of power. . the terain is a little rough out here hard compact dirt with marble rock everywhere!!!i had to step it up in 2001 so i went with a 1996 3cxT4. . at this time i was contracted out by the waterworks of athens. . the machine had to be running 8h a day everyday rain or shine. . guys in the 7 years ive had no major problems with any of my jcbs . . and by looking at the new JCB 3cxt Contractor with all the trimmings plus the new torck lock sysstem that shuts down your hydrulics!!!HUGE diesel saver!!! JCB will remain the founder and king of all Backhoes. . !!!!!! :cool2 1.JCB 2.tererX 3.Volvo 4.case
These are a few shots of a 2008 contractor right out of the box!! ointhead
contractor i always understood that the contractors had black top cabs and the sitemaster yellow ,so you may not have a contractor there cheers graham
Looks nice but i have to say those post type stabilizers cant be as sturdy as the fold down type. My $.02
Contractor or not? You may have a point there graham. . i just imagined in the type box the C stood for Contractor. . i could be wrong though.:beatsme
Centermount or Sideshift A T the O.T.D.S. . Heavy equipment School they had a cat center mount CAT backhoe for us . yea 4 sure it was stable for the light work we were using it for. you know.. . i couldnt figure out why my neck started to bug me. . looking left then right. . .i still cant figure out how digs are done in confined areas around cables,ect not to mention driving in traffic or on city roads and not having an srs or ridecontrol option. Now using the sideshift on wet days or using extra large buckets with the extension full out. . you may have yourself dancing on one stablizer. . but dont worry. . the tipping stomach butterflies dont hang around for long. . and the chances of tipping a sideshift backhoe are very slim.
JCB nice. Full stop. You got a nice 3cx there Kostas. I love those machines. Bell and JCB all the way for me.
I wish It is nice. . . but its not mine yet. . . i had it for a few working days. .when the whisle blew and it was time to close my log up. . . i decided to stay and spread the A-graval for a street where re-doing . . it was a pleasure to work with a machine that doesnt tier you out. . like older models from the 80's Do you have a lot of JCBS in africa?
Oh ya. There is one working just down the road from me, as well as a guy in Merrivale using 3 or 4 JCB machines (they call themselves 'Imbodla' which is a kind of wild cat, so there trucks say: beware of the cat!), as well as an owner operator with a JCB, as well as Houston Plant Hire, with 1 and Gibson and TAG, probably with a joint number of 7 or 8. Bell on the same note is very poplar.
Apologies guys, just getting my numbers up.