Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

’97 NH555E, 4-wheel drive operation

rumblecloud · 2024-08-19 15:57

Question on my '97 NH555E, 4-wheel drive operation. It engages and seems to work, that is, the wheels spin when raised off the ground. But as I lower the front to make contact, they don't seem to keep spinning with any force. Is there another way to test this? And if they're not working as they should, (ie dig in and tear up some turf), what should I look for? Thanks in advance. (I have seen similar topics like this in previous searches, but can't seem to find anything that is specific to my question) r

Replies3
  1. #1Swetz2024-08-19 18:39

    The switch in mine, for 4x4 is 3 position. 1 is 2 wheel drive, 2 is 4 wheel drive, and 3 is 4 wheel drive on decel. I can feel it when it is in 4 wheel drive when I turn sharply.

  2. #2cosmaar12024-08-19 19:17

    Interesting. I thought it was either on or off. I’ll have to check that out with mine next time.

  3. #3rumblecloud2024-08-19 19:18

    Yeah...I get that same feel in my truck trying to make a tight turn in 4wd. I'll give that a shot as soon as my back will allow me to get up off this damn couch.