Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

973 cylinders

1466IH ยท 2015-12-12 17:13

Does anyone know the torque specs for the piston nut and head bolts in the loader lift and bucket tilt cylinders on a straight 973? I cant remember my username and password for sis lol. New computer and my passwords arent saved anymore. also does anyone know how to get my info back

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2015-12-12 17:27

    I'm using specs for a 973 of 32Z S/N prefix. Piston Nut torques with an oiled thread on the rod. Lift Cylinder - 2650 ft.lb. +/- 10% Tilt Cylinder - 2285 ft.lb. +/- 10% Torques for head to barrel bolts are standard torque for the bolt diameter Lift Cylinder - 7/8" bolts - 460 ft.lb. +/- 15% Tilt Cylinder - 3/4" bolts - 275 ft.lb. +/- 15%

  2. #21466IH2015-12-13 09:43

    Thanks Nige and now that I see it 32Z is the correct prefix how about the other question on my sis account

  3. #3Nige2015-12-13 10:05

    If you can come up with your username then use the "forgot password" facility in the login page. If you can't remember the username then the only thing I can suggest is to contact the dealer with whom you set up your SIS-web account. Based on your email address their IT germs ought to be able to locate your username.