So on initial start up when it’s cold out, 15-20*F. I get a couple codes. Also the transmission caution light comes on. After moving back and forth getting it warmed up a little they go away. Can work all day. If I shut it off it starts all over again. Ser#3RZ00801 Local deal says it a sensor low voltage warning that comes under 23V. When I check before I start it it’s 25 V. Running it’s 27V. they called it overload sensor? But didn’t know where it’s located. Any help is appreciated.
They don't know their *** from their elbow. It's a Code for the electrical system voltage. See attached troubleshooting procedure. It may be some sort of issue between the power source (batteries) and the ECM when the engine is stopped. EDIT: Sorry didn't see your last photo. At first blush they all looked the same. Also attached troubleshooting for 132-04. I'll send you an electrical schematic that shows the location of the override pressure sensor.
Thanks Nige, I will see if I can get it figured. So the override sensor is located close to the ECM for the hydrostacic trans? Edit: I found your DM. Thank
TBH I think you will find green "crusties" somewhere in one or more harness connectors that are causing a voltage drop between what you measured at the batteries and what the ECM is seeing, because the latter is what sets both Codes.
So I believe this is the sensor. It doesn’t seam to unplug from the large cylinder that it’s wired to. But I can unplug the two of them.
So tested the power at the triangle 3 prong plug. 24.5v sitting, 27.5v running. Also discovered this little rub mark on the wires. It seams to be better with the wires not zip tied to valve body.
Does someone have instructions for clearing stored codes? Mine has the 3 switches in the right armrest. Also when I unplugged the connection I got another code. 079-0132.03
You would. That's the Code for the sensor being shorted. See the Click Box thread. You need to get the Monitor in Service Mode (3) then you can clear each code that is stored provided that it is no longer Active - i.e. SERV CODE light off.
The large cylinder is known as the "Buffer" and is part of the sensor assembly.
Thanks Nige for your help. I forgot about the click box thread. Plus thanks again for the wire Schematics I would never figure it out without finding that sensor.
Go through the diagnostic posted above carefully for the 0132-04. That should point you in the right direction as to where the fault lies. As I said before I think you have corrosion or damp in a connector or two.
I am 90% sure it was this wire rubbed through touching the corner of the valve body. It’s the white power from battery wire. Once I cut the zip ties for plug I noticed it was chafed. Ya I know it’s a terrible picture. lol
But why would the sensor only act up when the engine is cold.? Surely whenever vibration put that bare conductor into contact with the valve cover then it should throw the 132-04 Code irrespective of the engine coolant temperature. Doesn’t make complete sense to me.
I totally agree with you. maybe when it sits overnight at 15-20 degrees F, the zip ties, wire or something shrinks a little allowing it to make contact, warmes up and moves a little? it was just barely rubbed through the insulation. like a pin hole at one strand of wire. not really sure why the temp affects it. Its a really sharp 90* corner it was against. I have a couple little jobs to do the next few days. We will see if its cured. My other thought is, that the sensor itself is somehow affected by the temp change? I really hate intermittant electrical problems.
Shouldn’t be. That 3-pin connector can be disassembled and the pins removed if you pull the small orange or green thingamibob from the centre. There are small little plastic fingers that can be lifted to allow each pin to be pulled out. A bit of contact cleaner and slide a short length of shrink insulation over the wires. Reassemble the wires into the connector (making sure the pins go back in the correct holes) slide the shrink over the wires and hit it with some heat.
So here is todays report. Started it this am after it was 15* F last night. Light was on right away for the 132-04 code. When I move the direction lever out of park the code goes away. Does'nt matter what engine speed or how warm the machine is. I used it for 4-5hrs. Still is the same. only get active code with lever in park. So it is better. Don't get the 168-04 code at all. I Have the unplug test to do tomorrow, but I am pretty sure the sensor is failing. It has 27V at the sensor when I test it.
Is it fixed yet.?
I am pretty sure its the sensor. I will get it ordered next week.
On my 953C, that's a $1100 dollar sensor.
Holy cow. It looks like it could be. $$$
I think at that price you need to be more than “pretty sure” before you go ordering a replacement.
Those sensors are expensive. However, pro-tip, if you carefully scrape the paint off the sensor, you should find a part number for the sensor itself and not the whole assembly. This should be much more affordable and you can then splice the new sensor wiring onto the cylinder. The metal cylinder is actually an analog to PWM converter and, in my experience, rarely fail. Of course it could be faulty and then you're back to square one. Obviously it's your choice but I've had good luck with it.
I went through the 132.04 Instructions you sent, and it points to the sensor failing. not the harness. I was going to run through it again after Christmas just to double check. I will see if I can find a number on it. Thanks Cmark
Based on what @Cmark posted above, there is a Part Number 130-4574 Sensor that was originally used for measuring charge pressure on early 953C track loaders. This P/N was later replaced by 147-7318 on the 953C, strangely enough the exact same Part Number that you have on your 973C. See the attached Service Magazine that suggests 147-7318 is direct a plug & play replacement for Part Number 130-4574 that had no buffer. As far as I can see 130-4574 is still available but I am not 100% certain.
Thanks Nige.