Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

977D Vane pump

Sask977D · 2025-02-27 22:22

I am looking for a new vane pump for my father in law for his 977D loader - He reached out to a company on Facebook and unfortunately was scammed out of some money, so we are looking to get as much info about the pump as we can and look around to see if we can find an exact pump (doubtful so far) or a drop in replacement. We have a few model numbers we have found: 3G7637, which is apparently more for 977L or H 6H-9554, this shows up on the cat parts website as a compatible pump for the 977D And 7H-7733 is apparently the updated part number to replace the 6H-9554. Father in law has the pump out of the machine, and we saw a stamp for Denison Hydraulics - the data plate has been ripped off, and the only stamping we can see on the exterior of the pump is 6L7. Does anyone know what kind of replacement we could look for, or have a compatible part number we can look at? Unfortunately, we're running out of ideas for where to look now, and the machine might just make its way to the scrap yard if we can't get something working - which would be a real shame if we end up with as much snow next winter as we had this winter!

Replies15
  1. #1pittsburgh cat man2025-02-27 22:30

    A serial number of tractor would help You might want to look into just replacing the cartridge

  2. #2Sask977D2025-02-27 22:34

    We haven't been able to find a serial number on the machine - It had a hard life before coming to the farm, but my father in law says it's a 20A. Unfortunately the shaft sheered off and caused a lot of damage inside the pump. Sent some pictures to a local guy who does farm repairs and he offered to pull it and send it for scrap for us, cause that's all that can be done with it.

  3. #3pittsburgh cat man2025-02-27 23:29

    I know there was a good many changes to the pumps on a 20a I'm sure someone on here that has sis will be able to get the pump numbers for you

  4. #4Nige2025-02-28 09:15

    I guess it's going to boil down somewhat to the existing pump on the tractor. SIS for 20A shows two options for pumps depending on Serial Number above or below 1271. Below 1271 the pump is shown as 7H7733. Above 1271 the pump is shown as 6H9554. 7H7733 services to 6H9554 plus a list of piece parts so there are obviously differences in connections. I can't find any documentation illustrating how to replace one P/N with the other. The piece parts are as follows:- 1 x 7H7734 Elbow 2 x 8B5144 Bolt 2 x 3B4510 Washer 2 x 1B4206 Nut 1 x 3H2002 Yoke As 2 x 3B4512 Washer 2 x 1D4612 Bolt For availability you could try AVspare.com or Offroad Equipment in Alcoa TN.

  5. #5hector gemme2025-02-28 09:49

    I should have a hydrolic pump for 20a but can not go to my shop now have 4 feet snow in yard

  6. #6Mobiltech2025-02-28 11:35

    Have you tried any hydraulic shops like hypower. What area of sask are you located in.

  7. #7Nige2025-02-28 11:43

    My bad. Should have paid noticed that the OP is in Canada.

  8. #8Sask977D2025-02-28 14:34

    South East. Talked with someone from Applied Industrial, but they can't do anything with just the PN, I'll have to take the pump to them to look at and see what they can figure out.

  9. #9Nige2025-02-28 14:49

    Despite them not being local to you, an enquiry to Offroad Equipment might be a good idea. They have a reputation for being pretty good regarding the supply of parts for older Cat equipment such as your FIL's 977D. They deal in all types of OEM & aftermarket parts and I'm sure if they don't have anything they would most likely be able to point you in the right direction. Off Road Equipment Your #1 Source for Affordable Surplus OEM Caterpillar® Parts offroadeq.com

  10. #10Sask977D2025-03-03 20:36

    I sent them a message and unfortunately they don't have anything they can source.

  11. #11hector gemme2025-03-27 12:04

    I have a hydrolic pump for 977 d serie 20a

  12. #12Sask977D2025-03-27 14:18

    Sent you a message

  13. #13hector gemme2025-03-27 15:49

    You can send the message on [email protected] HECTOR

  14. #14Old Magnet2025-03-29 01:07

    I have the parts book, along with the two different pumps they have different drive couplings and different hydraulic fitting connections.. Unfortunately they don't show a cartridge replacement.

  15. #15hector gemme2025-03-29 13:57

    I have the 2 VICKERS PUMP 1400-35 23A 11 S55 LH