Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

977H Engine

spitzair ยท 2014-03-11 13:02

Hello guys and gals, I've found a D333 engine out of a D6B for sale at auction, http://www.auctiontime.com/onlineauctions/details.aspx?ohid=270613&lp=mat&ltf=attachment (hope that's ok to post here) and am thinking (if the price is right) to buy it as a spare for my 977Hs... Would this engine fit? It does look like it's a bit different as far as accessories go... Just curious... Thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1fredb2014-03-25 01:08

    Toby, If the engine is a D333 and the D6 had a powershift transmission, I think it might fit the 977H. However, since the D6B had less power, from what I remember, you'd have to re-rate the injection pump and thus a different turbo/air cleaner, perhaps a different exh.manifold too, would be needed. You'd have to carefully compare the engines; parts books of either machine might give you good clues. Fred

  2. #2Rusted2014-03-25 01:59

    The D333 in the D6B is only set at 93h.p. and is non-turbo, also direct drive was the only option. For the amount of stuff you'd have to do to it to bring it to 977H spec, it probably wouldn't be viable imho.

  3. #3spitzair2014-03-25 10:52

    Thanks guys, I passed on it since it did look like it had a direct drive bell housing on it and the accessories looked different. Then I put in a shipping quote and that was north of $3000... So I let it go... Thanks anyhow.

  4. #4fredb2014-03-26 01:19

    Thanks Rusted for your input.