I had a chance to take my 977H out for a quick spin today and took some pictures for everyone to enjoy. Didn't really do much of anything, just pushed up a pile of gravel and rocks to get the old girl warmed up again after it sat since April. Happy new year to everyone!
A few more...
Last ones, I promise! Hopefully I'll get a chance to run the old girl again before I have to head back to work.
great pics! thats a good lookin old machine
Aaah, the classics... I sure hope CCM can be persuded to make a model of the 977H.. and put Norscot's 977E to shame. Make sure to sweep the grass off the track frames before you go to work.. It will have a lawn growing on it when you get back! Thanks for posting the pics Spitzair. Alan
Thanks for the compliments guys! I didn't get a chance to do any more with it but next time I'm home I'm going to have some stuff to do to it, I need to change both idlers and the track tensioner on the left side... Good thing I have a parts machine! When I do get around to it I'll be sure to take and post pictures. Cheers :drinkup
A few months ago my neighbour had a bit of shoving that needed to be done so I took my 977H out and did it for him. He took some pictures but it took him some time to email them to me (I conveniently forgot MY camera, too excited to go dozing I guess... :Banghead) So here they are for y'all to enjoy!
Nice machine spitzair . It never ceases to amaze me just how strong those old machines are!
Thanks Nitelite! I don't get to run it very often but when I do I enjoy every minute of it! I guess I live vicariously through you and others who post pictures and they're much appreciated
What kind of soil are you playing in? Is that rock that I see in your pictures limestone?
West coast gravel. Geologists and rock collectors love this stuff. Rocks of all different types,colours, materials etc. Most of it placed by glaciers as they retreated and/or washed down from the hills by rivers and creeks. I take it the photos were taken around Squamish and that is about 400 miles south and we have the same stuff here and panhandle of Alaska appears to be the same from what I saw on that gold mining show and the claim at porcupine creek. I could be wrong but I do not think we have limestone on the coast. Love that loader. Wish I had a toy like that. What year is it? Cheers L.D.
Nitelite, Lowbed Driver hit the nail on the head, it's river gravel. The fellow lives fairly close to the river and every few years it comes up and floods large parts of his property. Ever since he moved in there in 88 he's been at war with that river! He had somebody come in there with a 950 or a 966, can't remember exactly what it was, and had the fellow build a big dyke out of sand and cottonwood trees, then he seeded it all with grass. The river came up a few times and it held, but then in 2003 we got hit pretty hard and of course the logs just floated away and the sand didn't do anything at all. His latest strategy is to just cut paths through the woods to low spots in hopes that the water will just run away without causing too many problems. He rented a tracked bobcat a few years ago and dug lots of trenches but again the river came up and kinda filled them up so he had me come over and clean them out as well as dig a few new ones. I tried several times to talk him into building a proper dyke with riprap and boulders, which we have tons of in my little quarry... One day he'll probably do that but who knows when that will happen... L.D, I have 2 of them, (one is for sale if you want it), this one is a 1964, the other is a 63. I love these machines, I spent Christmas doing some much needed engine work on the 63, it runs like a charm now! Next time I make it home I'm going to fix up the bucket I have for it and take care of the other little things it needs and it should be good to go for another 50 years!
Old thread yes I know, but I thought I'd revive it to share this video I took today of pulling a decent sized cottonwood with the hydraulic winch on my 977H. Enjoy! https://youtu.be/1x9q3CyYKT0
cut my teeth on a 977 first piece of equipment bigger than a backhoe i was ever on. all i ever used it in was rock,rock and more rock a stout machine that just fell apart working in a rock pile.