Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Equalizer pin retaining bolt (broken) extraction (pics)

Jon S ยท 2012-01-01 12:19

Cat 963B. Well, I think today is my lucky day. Yeah, I know I didn't drill the hole perfectly in the center...it was hard to get to. lol.

Replies5
  1. #1Diagonal Brace2012-01-01 13:58

    Those are the best extractors I have found. Those combined with a set of Snap On LH cobalt drill bits handle most situations. What is the diameter of that thread? Not as critical on the larger sizes to be exactly centered especially when the other side of the hole is open. You can always use the gas axe if the stud wont budge. A healthy dose of never sieze upon assembly will make it a lucky day for the next technician.

  2. #2JBGASH2012-01-01 15:56

    What brand of extractors are they?

  3. #3Diagonal Brace2012-01-01 16:00

    Ridgid brand. Make a quality line of pipe threading equipment and tools as well.

  4. #4Jon S2012-01-01 17:24

    It's an M20X2.5. I seemed to have great difficulty finding the center in large part because of how the bolt was broke off. Never sieze is SOP whenever I work on anything. I never understood why more people don't use it.

  5. #5Diagonal Brace2012-01-01 20:13

    Just to say they were also marketed under the Blue Point line.