Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

977h powershift

Ward McKay ยท 2023-03-25 16:17

I have an old 977h lever steer. The transmission seems to get weak after a cpl hours. It starts to heat ,and oil level goes up. If I let it idle and cool it goes back to normal. In the manual it refers to a bypass valve in the filter . I checked it and the spring seemed very weak ,the plunger a bit scored. It said if not working properly it can divert pressure away from the torque converter or away from clutches. Does anyone know more about this?

Replies2
  1. #1Dave Neubert2023-03-28 19:11

    Check your pressures first sounds like a weak torque convertor. the bi pass valve only bipasses the filter if the filter becomes clogged

  2. #2Ward McKay2023-03-30 18:38

    Gauge reads normal until it gets to the hot side. But its an old gauge.