Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955h brakes

MichealAllison · 2023-03-26 21:51

So I’m looking at buy a mid 60s cat 955h but the guy says it needs brake bands. I have test ran the machine and it run good and operates good but both brake pedals go straight to the floor when pressed. I looked at the linkage and it’s adjusted all the way out. Are the pads on the bands that wore down and would it be something I can do on my own. I’m a diesel tech but never tore into a machine like this Any help is appreciated thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Dave Neubert2023-03-27 19:24

    Its a big job have to strip the back of the machine down and pull out the steering clutches and bevel gear its all on one shaft

  2. #2hseII2023-03-31 22:21

    This. @MichealAllison Get the manuals & read about it before you go any further.