Recently installed a boost gauge on my 977L and was surprised by the readings, at full RPM (Under load) the highest pressure i've seen is 7-8 PSI. Is this about right for this machine? The engine is the 190HP 3306, machine serial number 11K7981. There is no noticeable lack of power, the machine will spin the tracks in 1st and 2nd. That being said this is the only 977L that i've ran so I don't have anything to compare it to. all replies are appreciated!
Put the machine up against an immovable object and stall the torque converter in 3rd speed forward. Measure the boost presure under those conditions and come back with your findings. I have to ask though, why did you install the boost gauge..? It's just another line in the engine compartment that could fail and cause loss of power. There's a reason the factory didn't install one in the first place....
I'll give that a try tonight! Thanks Installed the boost gauge out of curiosity... Plus it looks cool
Until the penny drops that the particular engine model only produces relatively modest amounts of boost that is .......... The boost pressure information is in the fuel setting microfiche (that's how old it is). I'm afraid I don't have access to that info, maybe some of our experts who specialize in older equipment might.
I expected it to relatively low due to this engine being set to 190HP, just curious on what the factory settings would be.