ser # 11K4646, loader over heats after about 15-20 minutes, rebuilt radiator, new turbo and air cleaner, new water pump and thermostat, cleaned oil cooler, new coolant, no bubbles in coolant, temperature good at high idle no load
Make sure the fan blades are all turned same direction. Nick
Engine coolant temperature, transmission oil temperature, or both.? Have you confirmed the temperatures registered by the gauge(s) using an infra red heat gun.? If it is a reversible-blade fan, wot Nick said above. if it is a pusher fan, is it installed the right way round.?
water temp is 210 when gauge gets to the red, fan pushes, pressure cap tested bad, going to try that, thx for the reply
have you used it at all, or did it overheat from day 1 with the rebuilt radiator? I ask because the same vintage 977 I operated, we had to blow the dust out every other day. It did not tolerate work, as it was with most of us
Do you believe that reversing the fan installation will make it suck, because that's not the case. The fan will push air out of the front of the hardnose whichever way it is installed. It will simply push less if it is installed backwards because it's not working efficiently. Transmission temps are OK I take it.?
Got bigger problem now, blowing oil out the back of the converter
Have you taken a look at the transmission pump suction screen recently, or the small screen in the drain line from the converter housing at the converter end.?
no
In that case checking the screens might be a good place to start.
I will see if I can find them
I see you said no bubbles in the rad but have you checked for rad pressurizing from a bad head gasket ?
With that torque blowin oil sounds like scavenger pump not keepin up from possible screen stopped up or bad pump or sealing rings in torque. It cant get rid of it fast enough and thats whats heating the engine
I am checking the screens and replacing filters, what did I damage when oil blew out the rear of the converter?
I am checking the screens and replacing filters, what did I damage when oil blew out the rear of the converter?
Hard to tell at this point until you can find out why the oil blew out.
ok
changed the filter and cleaned the screens on the torque converter, now blowing fluid out the back of the converter
What did they look like ? Good Bad Ugly "need that Clint Eastwood music in the background" Did you remove scavenger pump and open it up to see what it looks like while you had the screen out of torque and oil drained. If the suction screen was just stopped up with a bunch of trash you might have fixed the cause now you have to fix the blown seal. If you found steal or aluminum then its the ugly
not much in the bottom screen, top screen with magnet as pretty dirty, didn't check. anything else, now trying to replace the rear seal
Before removing the converter output yoke I suggest check if there is any vertical/sideways play in it that might indicate the bearing right behind the seal is worn.
ok
Nige its been to many years but couldnt you pull that shaft out and replace sealing ring or rings on it. seams like I had one that was flooding and found a broke ring , did it in tractor
what kind of seal is behind the yoke?
Can't remember TBH. I'd need to look at the parts book. Attached extracts from said book.........
if you take the stub shaft out will the shaft come out of the converter
It looks like if the yoke is removed first then the inner ring of bolts (arrowed) the outer housing complete with the seal (8) & bearing (10) will slide off leaving the shaft in place.
Ok, thanks, will try it
I found this ring broke but don't know where it goes
Is 1T0208 the Part Number.? If it is then it's supposed to be a split ring. Works a bit like a piston ring. It's shown as Ref #21 in the attachment from the Parts Book in Post #26 above.