Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

977L PTO Specs

Mike8061 · 2022-07-17 22:02

Anyone know the splines and shaft size for the 977L? Looking at a Carco 60PS. I think the dozeres had a different shaft. Not sure if it was just length or splines as well. Not sure what it was on before.

Replies4
  1. #1OzDozer2022-07-17 23:06

    Sorry, I don't know the 977L shaft diameter and spline number - but one thing I did find in many years of owning Cats, is that Cat often decline to follow SAE splined shaft standards, and insist on producing their own splined shaft dimensions and tooth numbers. It's all about the "captive customer" principle.

  2. #2Mike80612022-07-17 23:12

    Was afraid of that. Not sure how deep inside the transmission it it's to try and measure/ count. I wonder if anyone knows if the splines are the same as the dozers. Easy to find a shaft out of one of them and bring to machine shop

  3. #3skyking12022-07-18 00:49

    Take the cover off and look in there to see it and get an idea of the size. Use some tubing of different sizes as a try gauge, and count the splines. You may get pretty close that way. you might be able to make a wax impression of the end of it.

  4. #4Cat9772022-07-18 21:15

    I like Skyking1's idea, if you had a candle a little bigger than the miner spline size and pushed it in, it would leave nice prints on it to measure and just a little wax in the hole.