Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old man’s 963 troubleshooting

B.Morrow · 2022-07-17 20:07

So I’m trying to get my old man’s 963 back to operating right. It was operating 2 days ago, and I had made a comment to the operator (my brother) that it seemed to be low on fluid. It was operating erratic at half lift on the boom. I jumped in it the next morning to push some more on a trail and the boom and bucket will not operate. It will track (seemingly) normally but blows hydraulic fluid from a port on the right hand side behind the cab jack and in front of the battery on the bottom of what looks to be a pump. The pump drive oil was showing nothing on the dipstick when it was parked and I checked the fluids, the transmission oil was correct and the hydraulic oil was a little low. Now the hydraulic oil is almost completely empty, the transmission oil is at the bottom of the glass and the pump drive is way over full. I am completely stumped. Does anyone have any tips on troubleshooting this? The transmission oil was very dirty, almost black. I will try to include a video I took. Also, the transmission oil had pressure on it and was showing way over full as well at one point, I suspect it has mostly leaked out now.

Replies4
  1. #1B.Morrow2022-07-17 20:20

    I reckon I should also include the prefix of the serial number 21Z

  2. #2Mbar2022-07-27 06:17

    Looks like you had the test port fail

  3. #3Dave Neubert2022-08-01 17:10

    That is the implement pump could be the test port or a o ring on the line or pump housing dry it up put some oil in and see where it is leaking

  4. #4heymccall2022-08-03 02:14

    6V- 3965 nipple assy #30 on drawing The center has gone the way of the dodo.