Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

98 4700 BATTERY configuration

4700DT466CENTURY · 2022-08-20 02:58

Hello, I'm new here but I've tried to search it and no luck. I have a 98 4700 DT466 rollback. It has been sitting for years and someone stole my batteries for scrap. I'm now planning on trying to start it soon after I get new filters, fluids and diesel in it. I'm just hoping someone can tell me the proper battery configuration? I don't remember other thanit had one extra red wire that went from one bat to the other (2 bat setup). I just don't want to do it wrong pop a fuse and be chasing something else on 1st startup. I appreciate the help fellows. Thanks, Kris

Replies2
  1. #1redneckracin2022-08-20 07:24

    My 2001 had dual batteries connected in parallel. So red to red and black to black.

  2. #21693TA2022-08-20 10:45

    Mine were all parallel wired also. Red to red, and black to black.